Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never forget




I saw this picture in an email and found it so powerful. Where were you ten years ago today? I remember where I was. I was paralyzed with fear, hundreds of miles away from home. I felt like I couldn't get back fast enough. I drove all night and all day to get there. I listened to the news, then my Ginny Owens CD, trying to figure out what in the world would happen next. And there was no answer but this: No idea. But He knows. He's sitting on His throne and He is watching us.

Praying for peace for the families who have endured horrific loss, confusion, and heartache.

"Come to me you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28-29

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I remember being scared to death. Driving on Hwy. 114 listening to the radio...being assured after the first tower was hit that it was a freak accident and then quickly realizing as the second tower was hit that our country was under attack on its own soil. The quietness that filled the air without the taking off or landing of planes was all but chilling. May we learn and grow from this terrible day. You put it best...we must "Never forget".