Friday, September 5, 2008

Let Me Paint a Picture for You

Let me paint a little picture of what it's been like the last few days: Drop cloths throughout, blue tape sticking to everything from the floor to the couches three rooms away, (thanks to Ty,) countless--more than even I care to admit--episodes of Little Einsteins and Blue's Clues, grilled cheese for every meal, and white trim with green paint accents.  That last part is a by-product of the way that we paint, not actually part of the decor. We'll work on that when we're done.  Sean painted in his favorite shorts last night while I was at a movie and now they look like a child's art project. When he walks by them he just kinda internally kicks himself.  I've never seen him care at all about his clothes so I know it's hittin' him hard for him to make any kind of facial expression in response to an article of clothing. 

Last night Ty's swing set was delivered after two days of waiting/rescheduling with the freight company. Another story in itself.  Now Sean is outside putting it together while I finish up in here. Both kids are awake right now so I'm averaging about 1 1/2 sq. feet per hour actually getting paint on the walls. We put some impossible deadlines on these few projects before our trip but we are double-dog-daring each other that we can get it all done. We're both competitive enough to make it happen. I'll literally keep you posted :)

 

No comments: