Friday, August 28, 2009

And THAT's why we call her Super Nattie

What do you get when you sic Nattie on making her first grandchild something to help him ease into school? A fancy-looking nap mat for about $7 and a few hours of time. Watch the before and after unfold before your very eyes.
His Walmart nap mat that I innocently bought for $15, which is more than the cute one costs.
When you look at it like this, I can see it doesn't exactly scream cozy.
Add in the IKEA sheets we found for $4.99 yesterday and some green thread that probably cost like $1.25 when I bought it five years ago...
Turn your sewing machine on...
And let Nattie work. Help corral the toddlers who keep trying to pry her away from her project saying, "Nattie help, Nattie sit, Nattie read, etc." She needs space to work.
And look what she made. The cutest, cheapest, softest homemade nap mat ever. Our very excited little boy may not sleep on it but I guarantee he'll be happy looking at all the numbers during nap time.
IS THAT CUTE OR WHAT.
She sewed velcro into it so it won't slide around AND so I can take the whole thing apart to wash it. His little pillow is on top and she also made, (well actually that's the only part of the whole thing that I made,) a matching pillowcase that is attached with velcro too. I forgot to add the cost of the velcro--I think she said $3--so his teacher might have to have a PhD to figure out how to roll it up after that first day but I hope she'll cut us some slack. I think it's pretty darn fantastic myself. Mom, once again you made the day. Once again you saved my pride. Thanks for working so hard!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Does Nattie want customers? I'm also impressed with the quick turn around! great great job!

Miss Mommy said...

My sanguine personality LOVES it!! I would happily doze on or admire that mat for a very long time!

Emily said...

Great Job Nattie!! She could sell those suckers on Ebay!! Hope Ty rests well on it:)

Carley said...

That's awesome!! I'm glad I now know what to expect when Cody goes to MDO. :) Pam is awesome and quick....I'd hire her!! Although it's taken me months to do the project I promised her a long time ago.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Ohhh...I love it!!! It is perfect!