Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cold

I'm cold. It's cold here today.

You're welcome.

Hi y'all. Until today I thought all was moving along just fine. I'd posted a few things this week and filled you in on some little things going on, posted a few pictures of the kids and even one of me with my friend KJ. Who knew the app I use to write posts from my phone wasn't working? WHO KNEW? Clearly not me. It wasn't until I today that I realized y'all hadn't heard from me since the weekend.

Gasp

The sad part is that since I can't make the app work (BlogPress,) I can't get the posts that were written/that I thought were already up and running. They're trapped in my phone. One of you techies needs to help a sister out.

If you're my FB friend then you know that I took a break from it early in the week and I wrote a whole post about why, (remember, that is trapped in my phone,) but here's the summary: I was on my phone too much for the wrong reasons. At one point all three of my kids said, "Get off your phone!" in the same day. Y'all, that's pretty bad when you have even a 2 year-old telling you that. I know it's fine to keep in touch with everyone through FB and I honestly love getting to share what God is doing during this process that way--it's a quick, easy way to show you answered prayers, funny stories, and pictures. I was also using it as a mindless escape during times when I started to lose control. I can't exactly go to Mexico every time I get stressed, (at least not in this stage of life! Ha!) so I escaped to my phone. It's a perfectly normal/sane thing to do but I'm trying to listen to what my kids need and apparently they need, well, ME. I have no idea how often I'll be on there now, but my goal is to keep in touch that way and be aware of my time on it.

Okay I feel better.

Well actually I don't. I feel awful. I finally caught the cold/respiratory infection/bronchitis that all of my kids have had in the last few weeks. My voice is gone and I've strained to talk so much that it hurts to try now. If you've called me in the last few days and haven't heard back it's because I haven't called you because you wouldn't be able to hear me. My sister is hating that sentence right now. She's a teacher ;) Plans for tomorrow? Rest.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Mary- I do the same thing and it makes me feel terrible! Yesterday Ryder asked me to play and I told him I could after I finished sending one more email. This morning he asked me if I would please not work today. Honestly...a few years ago when I gave up FB for Lent...that was one of the best things I've ever done.

I'm no help with BlogPress...I've never used that App.

Let me know when y'all all feel better...we need you to come over and play!