We picked a name and it couldn't be more fitting after today--Joy.
It's been a long day. Long couple of days really. This morning Charlie's fever went back up and we took her into the hospital. While Sean and my Mom started the process of checking her in I went to my appt. and Emmy met me there. We immediately found out it was a girl and then while checking everything Patsy said she needed to tell me something that she was seeing that wasn't quite right. Baby Joy has some cysts in/on her lungs. The severity is unknown and the long-term prognosis is unknown. I meet with a specialist in two weeks to learn more. Until then, we wait and enjoy the fact that while the day started off checking Charlie into the hospital it will end with her home. She got more shots of mega antibiotics and her white blood cell count has gone down to normal. No more worry that it is something bigger than an infection. No more concern that we might have to take her in. She is going to be fine. And baby Joy, we believe, will be too. My doctor explained that it is possible that she will have no ill effects from the cysts or she could need surgery once born to remove them if they grow. To not know and to relinquish control in this situation is not nearly as impossible a task after the last few days with Charlie. The timing was as only God could illustrate. We are thankful for the prayers and will now continue to ask for prayer for Joy.