Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update

Right now on TV they are showing a tornado on the ground in Oklahoma City and I'm just really glad I don't live there--We just got home from the appointment so let me fill y'all in. 

First, the good news is that the tumor is still stable in size. It hasn't changed much at all. The bad news is that for the first time, there is fluid around her lung. When there is fluid in/around one of three places in her body they watch it closely. Right now there is only one small pocket of fluid. It could stay the same or increase. If two or more of these pockets develop they call it Hydrops. Hydrops=surgery in Houston. As of right now, I am supposed to go in on Thursday to check for more fluid and monitor what she found today. She said that I'll come "often" until she can figure out if the pocket of fluid is stable. 

Basically, it's going to be a little more waiting. While I'm as impatient as the next person about most things, this is an instance where God has already answered many prayers for Joy and I know He continues to watch over us. This assurance really helps with the waiting process.

Please keep praying for Joy! I'll let you all know what we find out on Thursday!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the update Mary... I'll keep praying! Did the doctor say anything about your BH contractions?

Carley said...

We are praying, my friend! I really hope you don't have to go through that surgery!!

Michelle said...

We will continue to pray! Thanks so much for keeping us updated!

Holly said...

I hope you don't have to go and have surgery! :)

Jody said...

Missing you and praying for you!

ConnieMomaLighnter said...

Mary, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Love to all!!

Matt, Joy and Ryder said...

Mary...I'm praying hard for sweet baby Joy and all of you...

The Seymore's said...

You know that you & your sweet family are in my constant thoughts and prayers. How much longer do you have to go?