Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You Know Me...

And YOU thought I was just like this because I'm pregnant. Old friends, take a vote: These things listed here, are they evidence of hormones or just normal Mary?

*Two days ago I make the trek to Tuesday Morning in search of a rug for the entryway. See, Max had IBS a few weeks ago and killed our rug. And the play room mat. The mat was replaceable but the rug...well rugs are expensive. Unless you know that they have cheap but good ones at Tuesday Morning. I sent Sean pictures of them as I went through the piles--a sight in itself since they average 80 lbs. each--and picked my favorite, talked him into it, and paid. 

When I got home and rolled the rug out to look, we both doubled over laughing. It was maybe 1/5 the size we need for the entryway. Like as in it is long and skinny, looking more like a red carpet for a two year-old than an entryway in a house with real live adults. Yes we have a two year-old but he doesn't care yet about reenacting the Oscars pre-show with Momma. Can't wait for the day.

*I walked down to CVS yesterday with my prescriptions for insulin, honoring my endocrinologists' orders to get more regular exercise to help maintain blood sugar levels. Killed two birds with one stone. It is maybe 1/2 mile away so walking there then making the loop around my neighborhood back home is about a mile and a half total. I broke out my maternity brace/girdle thing (GO GET ONE GIRLS IF YOU ARE HEAVY WITH CHILD!) and made the trip. Stopped at CVS and made the drop-off, then back home. Then I had to take a nap. A two hour one.

*Last night when I went to pick up the meds I waited in line for about 20 minutes, which put me dangerously close to missing church--my co-leader Carley is in Hawaii so I knew I had to be there--anyway, I pulled up in the drive thru to pick up the goodies and the girl couldn't find me in the system. I knew I had handed someone the paperwork myself so I had great patience with her and figured "maybe she is new...bless her heart." I waited for about 10 more minutes for her to find my long lost prescriptions before I realized what the problem was. WHEN YOU DROP OFF YOUR PRESCRIPTION AT CVS THEY WON'T HAVE IT READY FOR YOU THAT NIGHT AT WALGREENS

*I have been to Target to get face wash three times this week and forgotten that very item every time.  Last night Sean went there and bought if for me. 

*I went to our brand new shiny Dollar Tree yesterday to get baggies for diapers. Nattie came up with the perfect solution for dirty diapers: Put them in baggies, then in your normal trash can and they don't stink up your whole house and you don't have to make 50 trips a day (with a newborn anyway,) outside to dump diapers. Genius! We were out of sandwich size baggies and I checked the drawer ahead of time, (not like me at all,) to see if that was the only size we needed. Discovered we were low on gallon sized ones too so I also bought those at DT. Got home with my stash and when I went to put them up in our pantry I found three brand new boxes of gallon sized baggies. I hadn't exactly looked where we actually keep extras before my trip. If anyone needs big baggies let me know. I can help a sister out.

*I've tried out maybe 30 different backgrounds for my blog since Valentine's Day. I always have ADD with things like this--I really think I just get bored with the same look--but this time has been the hardest to choose. If you are reading this and see one you like in the next week or so, will you let me know? You are who is reading it--is it too bright? Too jumbled? I've asked Sean but that's about like asking him what shirt goes with my new pair of super fly camo pants. I need help from a girl.

*I sent Ty to church last week with only one extra diaper and no extra pants. After two and a half years of knowing the child and his liquid intake, I know better. But when I'm in charge of packing his church bag you just never know what's gonna get in there. Sean may take over this duty. 

Shoot, he may take over all duties for a while so things get done around here. 

7 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

Bless your heart...but, i wanted to let you know that the Dollar Tree has great diaper trash bags in the baby isle. They come in a box of 100 and have a nice little smell to them too! :)

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up with this post! It sounds like our brains work very much alike...or don't work...whichever. I am a serial tortilla buyer.I never think I have them and then get home and open the pantry to find like 5 containers of them (many of which inevitably wind up in the trash!) And you ROCK for walking to CVS!

Brooke & Freeland said...

that is toooo funny. I always buy creamer at the store when we dont need it. I think we have 5 in our fridge right now. But I was cracking up at the walgreens story! And the target one!!!

Jenny Seymore said...

Hahaha! I almost fell out of my chair with the CVS, Walgreens story. However, I'm going to say that I believe this must be typical Mary and not just pregnant Mary!! It sounds too much like you.

Katelyn said...

i love the new background! very cute!!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Made me laugh!!! Thanks!!!

Michelle said...

Love the CVS/Walgreens story! You are so funny! You still got the walk in...