Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Thankful

*I have a family that steps in and helps/teaches/entertains my kids when I am worn out.
*I have a husband that makes plans for me with friends when he is home from a trip so I can get out of the house and recharge. I'm finding that lately I wear myself back out pretty fast! Maybe I should start napping during these times.
*I have two healthy children and one more on the way that I believe will recover from her condition and be just fine.
*We have a home and my husband has a stable job...as stable as any job right now! He likes his job which is another blessing. And another one on top of that is that he has a father that always encouraged him to find something he really loved to do because you spend so much of your life at work. Great advice.
*I have a church that provides sound teaching, relationships, and challenges me to be better. If you live remotely near Dallas and are looking for a church, let me know. I'll hook you up. The church is technically in Frisco but there's no traffic on Sundays so I'm not buying the "It's too far," excuse.
*I have plenty of food to eat and plenty of Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. Oh and I guess water too.
*We have a dog that will bark if someone tries to break into our house. It's a stretch to think of something to be thankful for regarding Max but I'm trying.
*There are more reminders of God's faithfulness in Joy's story alone than I've ever experienced before in my life. People to watch the kids, Sean being able to go to the important appointments, and when he could not my parents could so I wouldn't be alone, the money to cover so many unexpected expenses even before she is born and the assurance that He will provide what is needed once she is here, the renewal in my heart that being a mom is exactly what I am meant to do, and the joy that I have in the monotony that used to drive me crazy--to name a few!
*Being pregnant with three good friends at the same time so discomfort is always a welcomed topic at Girls' Nights
*I have everything I need to face what challenges lay ahead that I can't possibly fathom...not that I will handle it all well or be strong but I know that there is nothing that God cannot do.


When everything hurts at the end of the day (pretty much every day now,) and I'm falling into bed I'm going to try to think through all of these things and keep a better perspective. I've not lived very long but it's been long enough to learn that there will be times ahead when I am given the choice to fold or stand firm. To fear or to have hope. To fall down and stay there or to get back up. It's as simple as that really. When will God leave me? Never. And THAT, my friend, is the best blessing of all.

Reminds me of the song I learned when I was little, "My God is so Big, so Strong, and so Mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do." (clap clap clap.) Where did I learn that? I don't remember. What is your favorite kid song? Feel free to write out the words for me--I'm always looking for new songs for Ty :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Mary... and you happened to choose one of my fav kids songs... "the mountains are His, the valleys are His, the stars are His handy work too!, my God is SO big, so STRONG, there's nothing my God cannot do!"

So true.

ps. It was great to see you- All of you at church. ;-)

Michelle said...

Wow did I need this! Rough night last night and you know what sleep deprivation does to you! Thanks for all of your positive words.

Favorite kids song...So rise, and shine, and give God the glory, glory...

Emmy said...

Michelle - I agree: "The Lord told Noah there's gonna be a floody, floody"

But the one I remember most from church as a child: "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart..."

Carley said...

I've always loved kids church songs! When we were little my mom used to sing "this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made...." There's a cd by steve green called "hide them in your heart" that teaches kids to memorize verses to song. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Mary. Happy belated belated! You have been on my mind so much lately! God is so faithful and we are so BLESSED. My fav is a CD from Deliberate Kids. The first song is "good morning" The kids at our preschool sing it at chapel. The entire CD is mommy (and daddy for that matter)friendly. The words basically are over and over that its going to be a good good morning and a good good day because you are a GOOD GOOD God. I'll let you have a copy! :) Love you!