Monday, March 16, 2009

My Boy is Growing Up

Things once spoken while pregnant with Ty:

"I don't care what he does for a living but I hope he has a good time doing it." (Sean)
"I hope he likes spending time with his Daddy and doesn't only like me." (Me)
"I hope that wherever we move there is a Home Depot within walking distance." (Sean)

My prayers were definately answered. On all of the above. His future as a Home Depot do-it-yourself-er , (or employee,) is secure.
See how much he enjoyed it? David too...their joy was palpable. No really, the daddies say that it really was. They just get this look before a parent takes a picture.
A little more fun now...building the ramp for their cars.
You've met Jennie here but here is her husband Jonathan helping David. David and Ty are the best of friends. We have been telling them that since they were born. They might as well get used to the idea.
Sorry didn't get an actual picture of Jonathan's face but I'm guessing Sean had to snap these pictures so fast so Ty wasn't holding the hammer and nails by himself for very long. Isn't this the cutest idea? The Home Depot has a class for kids once a month to do with their parent(s) and it's totally free. Read about it here. Ty came in the door wearing his apron and I couldn't have been more proud!

Y'all go to my cousin Brooke's blog and watch the video of the sleeping/running dog. It is hilarious!

1 comment:

Carley said...

I love it! I told Jason about this and he got excited to take Bun someday. Looks like they had lots of fun! What a fun thing for dad's to do with their sons!