Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Pops!

Pops,
This was our first business meeting at your office. We were talking about lots of important stuff like juice and golf if I remember correctly. You love golf as much as I do and I sure do have fun watching it with you. We say, "Is he gonna make it? Bye bye golf ball...he missed it...he did it!" You are so fun and I like it when you take me outside to play with golf balls and slide at your house. You are a wonderful grandfather and you taught my daddy how to be a daddy. You did a great job Pops and I love you! Love, Ty

Gene,
What Ty said is right: You taught Sean how to be a father and he is a magnificent one. He takes care of the kids and of me with such passion and he learned that from you. We are so grateful that we live close enough to come see y'all as often as we do so our kids really know you inside and out. Thank you for always helping me with the kids when I am there without Sean--you and Louraine have made it very easy and comfortable for me to come there when I need or want to. I am so thankful for the legacy that you have created for your family. You have taught Sean the importance of faith and serving in our church and doing our best with what God has given us. I couldn't have hand picked a better father-in-law! Love you, Mary

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Mary, you said that just right! Gene is the best. Hope he reads the blog.

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

you encouraged me to write a little entry for my daddy! so sweet!