Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 in one word?










































































































How about "Joyful"

Yeah that describes 2013.

Sadness, loss, loneliness, grief, they were all there. It isn't the absence of those things that determines joy though. It's the realization that on a hard day there is something to hope for and a reason for it all. Don't ask me what the reason is, I'm not there yet. I may or may not have felt raw anger--a maddening level of it--this year too. Yikes. He still loves me and lets me be their momma. He still gives me what I need every day...

Just enough to be joyful.

Lord, this year show me how to yield to You without putting up so much of a fight. This year, show me how to live by faith that YOU'VE GOT THIS in the palm of Your hand. I can just relax and listen. And try to be joyful.

1 comment:

Lindsay Wagner said...

Sadness, loss, loneliness, grief, they were all there. It isn't the absence of those things that determines joy though.

Oh how much I love this sentence of yours. I'm teaching a 1st grade girls bible study, and we are teaching the fruits of the Spirit. This was the main lesson when we taught Joy in November. Praying for you, Mary, and thankful for your posts and your honesty through your story.