Monday, January 6, 2014

Trip pictures

First, the trip down south to see my brother and his family. On the way there I started coughing. The next morning I felt so bad I went to the hospital where I was promptly diagnosed with the flu.

Awesome.








But we still had a great time complete with a Santa visit, (which really rocked the kids' world since he knew we weren't at our house!)


The day we drive home from their house was the same day I packed my bags to go to South Carolina to visit Maggie, my oldest/lifelong literally from the womb friend. To say I was exhausted is an understatement. I had taken meds for the flu for four days by then but I still felt sluggish. All I wanted to do on the trip to SC was sleep.

Y'all won't believe this...

I slept on the plane.

Moment of silence.

I've never slept on a plane before. Like ever. Sleeping required relaxation on some big levels and we all know I don't do that. Except apparently when I have the flu and I've driven a thousand miles all within a four day span.

Glory.

Ashley, my other lifelong friend that travelled with me couldn't believe it either. She'd prepared herself to hand my my brown bag to breathe into. Bless her.

So anyway...now to the SC recap. First, time to fix breakfast for the hoodlums. I'll be back later y'all.

No comments: