Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy

You know how you feel after a good nights sleep? The way that anything that comes your way seems like an easy task? When you open your eyes in the morning and think, "Man I feel good. I feel rested and ready...before my alarm clock, (aka 3 year-old)

You ever had one of those days?

Well today I did and it was awesome. It's the little things that make me happy. The little things like getting ten straight hours of sleep.

Glory.

We are all doing pretty well this week. There are things to look forward to that are so fun for all of us, even the grandparents. One set gets the week off soon, (bet ten straight hours of sleep is high on their goal list!) and the other set gets us round the clock!!!!!!! Extra !!!!!!!! for them right?

Praying for comfort and peace has made me feel as whole as I suppose is possible right now. I get very sad some days still and usually it's out of nowhere. But I feel happy lots of days too. Between me and you I wondered of I'd feel happy ever again. The weight of this whole thing is so heavy I wasn't sure if simple happiness was possible. Joy, hard fought and dependent on Jesus, yes. True joy and happiness aren't the same thing, you know. Happiness can leave quickly in the face of adversity. It can fade. I know that these days it may come and go like the wind but I'm glad (happy) when I feel it. So yeah, I'm happy. I'm looking at a suitcase filled with swimsuits and pj's. Lots of fun ahead! No, not immediately...I'm kinda known for packing way in advance...but soon.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Good days, lots and lots of them I hope, are coming.

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love that happiness in your post! Pray for you often.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Oh how I love you Mary and am so happy for happiness! Lets play this week!

Iris said...

Mary, a good pastor friend, Robert Morris teaches that in heaven there are bowls for the prayers of the saints and when they get full, the bowl tips over and the prayers begin to be answered. I'm sure your bowl "tippith over":)

Love you,
Iris

Anonymous said...

Love that happy has made an appearance friend! Continue to pray for ya'll, and hope you have plenty more happy, sunshine-filled, sleepy days ahead!