Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I think they're related

For some reason that's not clear I've started using Photoshop on my phone instead of doing what I need to be doing to prepare for the week. You know, things like putting together the stuff on my list that Jamie helped me with. Jamie has been down the "How to prepare for your daughter's surgery" road before us and her sweet Lizzie is thriving. Jamie, thank you for giving me such great invaluable advice ahead of time. Between now and Thursday morning when we leave the house at 6:00 am, much needs to happen. And once again, I focus on pictures instead of washing/shopping/organizing. I guess it's a method of avoidance.

Anyway.

If you have an iPhone, there's a free Photoshop application that I just found and I was so proud of what I did last night while semi-watching the football game, (do I have any idea who was playing? no,) and he said, "Mar I have that on my real computer and you can start using it, I'll teach you..." but I kind of like the simple steps you can use on the phone. The real Photoshop scares me. But this, this I can do.
Mini vase of purple Costco roses before...
and after.
Joy swinging before...
and after. You want to hire me for your family portraits? Ahem I'm sorry I don't really know how to take pictures let alone edit them.
Here's the original one again, not on purpose but apparently I uploaded it twice. I also wanted to show you pictures of Joy and Ty in comparison. We just found these of Ty on an old camera and I hadn't put them on my computer until now. I'm so relieved we didn't reformat the card or whatever it is Sean did to it until after I had these!
Joy 6 months
Joy 5 months
Ty 9 months
9 months...same day in case you missed the PJ's.
Ty 8 months
Ty 9 months
Ty 9 months...look how big he is/was! I was three months pregnant with Charlie. Just out of morning sickness...it was a blessed vacation.
same trip--Ty at 9 months
Ty 7 1/2 months
Ty 6 months
Ty 6 months.

Isn't that wild? He has a bigger nose than she does but other than that they look so much alike! I think they're related.

This week is full of last-minute things before Joy's surgery. Things like getting the tires rotated, oil changes, filling cars up with gas, getting stockpiles of pancakes, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and the big kids' current favorite snack, cheddar goldfish. I've been buying them the "original" flavor, which taste just like saltine crackers. They are so over them now. Now they will only eat the cheddar ones, (the ones most people buy anyway,) so apparently I need to make a Walmart run. They have the huge lifetime supply packages at the Kroger by my house but they charge 9 dollars for it! I like you, Kroger, but Walmart still beats your prices by a long shot. Even if there is the occasional shooting/purse snatching there. I usually go alone and I'm willing to put myself in danger to save a buck.

I have no idea what that has to do with anything in this post.

I think I need to eat lunch. Today's lunch is fresh from the Nutrisystem pantry: Red beans and rice with sausage. Want me to save you some? I didn't think so.

Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Carley said...

How fun to see pics of Ty when he was Joy's age (and Cody). Get's me excited to start seeing Cody sit up and crawl. We're practicing! We make Red Beans and Rice with Sausage at least one a week at our house....wonder if the nutri-system is as good as what we make. ha! Seriously...it's a staple and soooo good! Praying for you this week. Let me know if you need me for anything! I'd love to help. And hopefully the hospital stay will be on the shorter end! Hang in there. :)

Carley said...

OH...and we have photoshop and have been trying to learn it. Sounds like your app is much easier. Great job!

Julie said...

go mary, go mary...can you hear me cheering you on and i'm doing a little dance too! k, i don't want any of the red beans and rice deal! seriously, i'm praying for thursday and all that must be accomplished between now and then!

love and peace to you,
julie mac :)

Anonymous said...

Nathan just got an iphone and is using it's photoshop app to entice me into getting one too. As if I'm not on blogger/facebook/email enough as IS!

I love how Joy looks so much like Ty... do you think her personality is more like his or Charlie's?

And, I'm praying for you now, that you all will go into Joy's surgery with the peace that comes only from God... and that your ducks will all be in a row (or at least in a straight enough line to suit your liking).

Oh, and random FYI, we joined your Bible study table last Friday b/c our leader (Betty Jo) had knee surgery and will be out for six weeks- bummer!

Emmy said...

Look at Joy's itty bitty thighs in the swing!! Where did she come from?