Saturday, October 16, 2010

I now pronounce them husband and wife

We just got home from the sweetest, most fun wedding. I'd like to say 'funnest' and guess I will since it's late and I can say what I want to...

My lifelong, (from in the womb) friend Maggie got married today. Thanks to Sarah, we both got to go.


















Doesn't she look lovely?








Her dress was beautiful and it had pockets. Ah if I had it to do over again I'd have gotten a dress with pockets.








Maggie has been there through each life-changing step. School, high school, college, wedding, when each kid was born she came to the hospital and fended off visitors when I asked her to. She's a nurse so people listen to her, even when she's not at her hospital...she has always been sweeter, more helpful, less directionally-challenged, more responsible and gracious than I've been. I'm so happy for her and I'm so thankful for who she has been to me: a constant person in the midst of chaos.








Obligatory "Gig 'em" picture. If you went to A & M, feel free to join in and if you didn't, feel free to make fun.

On a side note, I wore red lipstick for the first time in, oh, ten years tonight. Made me feel kinda sassy. Interesting how changing one thing can change your attitude.

Another side note: it is really fun to be with my husband without the kids once in a while. I learned like ten things about him I didn't know on the road between home and the wedding.

Now it's way past my bedtime. Night night.


4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

There is something so special about someone we are so near and dear to being happy! Beautiful bride! Glad you had a great time!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Gig 'em!

Jenny Seymore said...

Please send mine & Jon's congratulations on to Miss Maggie! She looked absolutely beautiful. I also think that the red lipstick looks quite good on you sister!

Just to make you laugh...I always wish after watching the wedding shows on TLC that I could pretend to be getting my vows renewed so that I could try on all those dresses again!! Jon would think I'd lost my mind if I actually said that out loud to him.

Carley said...

Beautiful pictures and that dress is amazing! Love it!!!