Friday, May 6, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to




Happy Birthday baby Joy! At two years old, you already run the house. You are kind of crazy, (ex: hair,) kind of remarkable, kind of an expert at pushing older siblings buttons, kind of amazing, kind of a mini mommy, and kind of the best thing that ever happened to me. You showed me before you were even born that you are God's child, given to me to shelter, teach, and raise, but without a doubt I know you are here because He chose for you to be here.

You've helped me view my role as a momma so differently. And I'm very grateful for your life. I love you,

Mom



She got chips for lunch since you only turn 2 once. And she got to play with church friends all morning while mommy was at bible study. A mere two months ago spending a few hours at church would have been her least favorite activity but now that she's come around, I'd say she's had a great birthday so far!

4 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Happy Birthday Joy!!! It actually makes me a little sad that you're already 2! Two years has gone by way too fast...I remember praying for you when you were still in your Momma's belly like it as yesterday! You are a precious, precious girl!!! Big hugs from the Smith's!!!!

Carley said...

Happy Birthday Joy!! You are Cody's best friend and our favorite two year old little girl! It's hard to believe its been two years since I held you (very pregnant) and waiting for Cody to join you in the world! We love you "baby" Joy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're TWO "baby Joy!"... such a big girl and so beautiful. Happy Happy Birthday!

Sarah's Slate said...

Happy Birthday Joy!!!! So glad you decided we can be friends now! Glad we got to play and have fun on your birthday :)