Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hand Me Down Heaven

Last night I dreamed that when I went to the doctor today she told me we needed to deliver Joy ASAP in the office. Like I mentioned last week in the post about dreams, mine don't often add up. Last night's was the perfect example. The doctor I go to today is the endocrinologist, who has an opinion about my delivery date but nowhere near the decision-making power that my other doctors have so the likelihood this will happen is slim. Well that and she can't deliver a baby because her office isn't exactly equipped with whatever all that stuff is they need to deliver babies. 

Anyway, in my dream Sean was halfway between Florida and the Bahamas when I tried to call him and since he's...ahem...big on saving $$ on phone calls, he never turns his phone on when he lands somewhere that charges extra so it would be 4-5 hours before I could talk to him to tell him--"Surprise! It's a girl. Oh and she's here." 

I woke up full of anxiety. What if this actually happens????? Reminds me to tell him that I'll pay for the extra phone calls from now on but he needs to KEEP HIS PHONE ON AT ALL TIMES EVEN IF THE FAA IS IN THE COCKPIT AND NO I DON'T CARE IF THAT MEANS YOU GET FIRED. 

Now that that's settled, look at these cute hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law for baby Joy. I hope she'll be able to wear them for about 6 months at least...




Oh I can't wait to see her--after the sonogram I have it in my head that she looks like Ty, (hopefully a smaller, girl version,) so if she doesn't I'll be surprised and even more excited to figure out who she looks like. This little one has been such a blessing already that I am praying the sleeplessness and hormonal mayhem can be balanced by what all she has changed in me for the better. Obviously God did all the changing but to think that He chose her to be the catalyst well, it just makes me grateful to be her Momma. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute Cute! Love the clothes-aren't hand-me-downs awesome?! You are getting so close! It's neat that God has already used Joy in such a mighty way... it really shows how His plan for our kids begins before we ever lay eyes on them... very cool.

Carley said...

That's a sweet post. Cute clothes! Leslie is so good to you with hand me downs for the girls! I can't wait to meet Joy either....and for her and Bun to be friends!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I love those little shoes! They have the cutest things for little girls!!!