Monday, April 13, 2009

The Week In Pictures...and Some Words

Another Northpark trip--this time it was to hand Charlie off to Mom for the night. Notice which child is into the surroundings and which one is just scouting out where the snacks are.
I have a feeling this will be my favorite picture of her for a while. This is the swimsuit that is a 4T. Told you it wasn't too big. This was the only picture I took at the party I told you about on Friday. You know during the 17 minute window of happiness.
Hunting "Eygs" with Pops, (Sean's dad,) which to Ty means running from egg to egg saying, "There it is!" He had no idea part of the fun was opening the eggs to see what was inside.
But once I opened a package of Skittles he settled right in for the long haul. Skittles can stain, I don't know if I'm the only one who didn't know that. The red and orange ones just might not come out of the Easter shirt your child has on. To be safe it's always good to strip the kid down. That's our philosophy.
This is the Wilborn side of cousins...all of them except Charlie who had enough fun and was in the middle of her 4 hour nap during the hunt. I'm not complaining--did you see the part about her sleeping for 4 hours? Not the norm for our kids. The cousins range in age from 10 months to 16 years old. I've mentioned this before but there are 11 now and Joy will make 12.

My parents came up on Sunday for Easter and I took about 45 pictures, and none of them turned out. No flash, flash, it didn't matter--good thing I have a ton of pictures of the kids with my family! Mom hunted eggs with Ty all over the house since it was raining/muddy outside. They brought food to us and I didn't cook a thing all weekend. The perk of pregnancy. Last year for Thanksgiving everybody came to my house and I didn't cook a thing.

Speaking of pregnancy, I went in yesterday for my first sonogram with the woman at my OB's office--the last time I saw her was during the 20 weeks sono when we found out about about the cysts and it was great to see her (Patsy is her name,) and report that things are looking great. She gave us free 3D sono pictures and I'm happy to say that it looks like Joy looks JUST LIKE TY. We'll see if that's the case when she comes out...

And speaking of that, without oversharing, my body is starting the process and I'm dilating more than I ever have ahead of time. Hmmmm...this could mean nothing. Could mean everything. My OB will be out of town from April 22-May 5th (the NERVE) so I told him yesterday I'd like to have her before that. He said no and I wasn't surprised. Ours is a patient/doctor relationship where I self-diagnose, create a treatment plan, and he shoots me down. It works for us.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pictures!!! I personally think, as moms, we have the best treatment plans. Why is it so fun for the silly doctors to shoot us down...the NERVE!!! I have already asked how my OB feels about induction...and it was a no go...looks like we are going to let stinkin nature take its course. I bet Miss Joy graces us with her precence soon. Hang in there.

Michelle said...

I am laughing about your relationship with your OB. It sounds very much like my relationship with our pediatrician! So funny! I love the pictures. So sweet!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

You are soo funny!! Maybe she'll be here May 6th for his return! I love the pictures! Charlie is too cute in that little swimsuit!

Miss Mommy said...

I always chuckle when I read your blog. I am actually having a convo with Josh about how you're really cooler than I am and he is trying to say you're not, but I know he's bluffing...sigh...we have now reminisced about you breaking your teeth and "dating a MAN." Pretty good for such a short time. I also love the swimsuit pic and the self-diagnosing...

Emmy said...

Cute little Charlie... I think that little yellow ruffle really camoflauges her huge chunky legs. I can say that, because I'm her aunt and I love her. And I will make sure she has a good self-esteem if she is overweight.

Anonymous said...

Seriously...your kids are adorable! I almost bought that swimsuit for Tatum today. Then, I came home and thought...wait, was that the suit Charlie had on in that pic? And sure enough it was. Tatum may still get it- immitation is flattery right?!

My sister-in-law had her fourth baby this past week... she's now officially a buncher in that her third baby is about 4 weeks younger than Trev. Anyway, while en route to the nearest large hospital (about 20 miles) after her water broke, she had to turn around to go back to her local one. She had the baby 6 minutes after she walked in. Crazy things happen momma... you'd better stick around town!