Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Look What the Easter Bunny Brought Me

Two baskets full of children and lots of "Eygs," as Ty calls them. This was at Nattie's house last weekend.
Yay Easter! We are excited to see who gets the whole egg hunting process...should be interesting.

A few of you have e-mailed me asking what the latest is on Joy and the answer is I don't know! I didn't have to go to the doctor this week (a welcomed break,) and I will not go until next Monday. I felt really good about getting a two week break between appointments.

I set up a permanent update spot on the top right corner over there so any news will be there from now on. It's hard to believe we've made it this far and now there's a lull in activity. Again, a welcomed one! Sean built some extra shelves in the girls' closet yesterday and we've pulled out the little gowns and blankets. Wow was that a rush. I didn't do a whole lot early on because we didn't know if she would be okay. Pulling things out reminded me of Charlie's first few weeks and it felt surreal to look at the clothes thinking about another baby wearing them. There was some time thanking God for what He has already done and a little asking Him to answer our prayers to bring her safely here. From the beginning she really has been in His hands.

Switching topics, we went to Denton today and this was my first attempt at joining BSF--the intro class for this Fall was today. My hang-up has been that I've heard there is a ton of homework and let's be honest is this the time to start doing something hard? :) Just about the time I asked how much the time commitment was I found out the woman sitting beside me was 88 years old. After hearing about her daily struggle to live and function I decided to buck up and go for it. If she can do it I figure I can too. The main reason I came to this conclusion just might be that it's still months away.

Thanks for the advice about my hair! Still deciding...

6 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

First of all...that is the cutest picture with the two of them in the basket! You are so strong! How exciting to be to a point where you can now get out the little clothes...are you getting anxious?! We find out on the 22nd what we are having...but for some CRAZY reason I am being wishy-washy on whether I should find out or not...I am sure curiosity will get the best of me, it always does! You all and Joy are still in our prayers...

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic! I love how thrilled Ty looks in the second one. I can imagine you pulling out those tiny baby clothes... you're gonna make me want another baby. (I realize that sounds ridiculous coming from me at this point). I just know Ty and Charlie are going to be over the moon for baby Joy. I'm still praying for a strong and healthy baby girl!

I can't remember now how long you're hoping to go...is it 37 or 38 weeks? If so, that is CLOSE!

Anonymous said...

Honestly- Tatum is the easiest baby I've ever even heard of. (knock on wood!);-). Get this... she's never cried while going down for a nap or bedtime. Literally, within an 1-1.5 hours after she eats, I swaddle her, give her her paci, and she immediately falls asleep. It's crazy good. I kept saying "it's the newborn fog..." but she's nearly 3 months old! She is also sleeping from 11:30-7:30 with only a few hiccups. I'm certainly not bragging. I thank the Lord EVERY day for knowing exactly what I could and couldn't handle! She is a gift in every way. Even so, talk of another is completely insane.

Michelle said...

Good Morning! Love the pics and so glad you are starting to prepare for little Joy! I know that is exactly what she will be.

What class are you taking in Denton? Don't think I have heard of it.

Carley said...

That's cute! The kids look like they are having fun. I love that Ty's clapping in that one pic. So fun! Glad you are going to try BSF. I've heard its really good!

T Sharee said...

Love Love Love your blog! Found you on Kelly's Korner!I just wanted to let you know about my blog giveaway to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. This giveaway is for Paula Deen’s 10 piece cookware set. Check out my blog for more details about entry. Thanks for looking. Tiff