Friday, June 13, 2008

Why Grasshopper Momma

Well it's not that long of a story just a favorite verse in Isaiah:
"It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, 
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, 
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in." (Is. 40:22)

Truth be told I feel like a grasshopper most days.  There doesn't seem to be much planning or even thought behind where grasshoppers go or what they do.  That's me. They look a little like a mixture of two things-a mad scientist and a kangaroo.  Not me.  After watching two grasshoppers play this morning I decided I like the little guys.  One seemed to say, "Let's do this next..." and the other one listened, paused, then went the opposite direction. It looked like the momma (wild guess) grasshopper was still talking. Parenthood! 

I'm not a planner.  At all.  Married to one.  I think I'm raising another.  Ty has started cleaning the shower, copying his Daddy.  He doesn't talk much at all yet but he cleans the shower? What did I do to deserve this? (Asking that in a good way)  I'm loving that he takes after Sean more than me in that area. 

God must laugh at us often.  Sitting up there after setting up our tent, watching us bump into each other and run around like grasshoppers.  I like the little guys.  Identifying with them a lot these days.

 

No comments: