Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Danger stranger

Last week while in a pretty safe place with my kids Ty asked me if he could go in the men's bathroom even though it was a big place. He knows I'm fine with him going on his own for the most part since he's not a baby anymore but he also knows to ask in case there's a family one or I'm just dead-set against him going without an adult. I'm a little worried sometimes but I've learned to trust my instincts. Plus we have a code word he can yell and I will come running. Men, consider yourselves warned. 

Well, this particular night Joy needed to go at the same time as Ty, (shocker,) so I told him to come to the women's bathroom right after he washed his hands to find me. A few minutes later he walked in--it was actually more of a saunter--smiling. I asked him what he was so happy about, because, well, it's Ty. This was his response.

"Momma I told that man who tried to talk to me that I was NOT gonna talk to him because I'm not supposed to talk to strangers anyway but really not supposed to in the men's bathroom and FOR SURE NOT HIM SINCE HE LOOKED KINDA SCARY!"

His smile could not have been any bigger. Mission accomplished buddy. Now since we may know the poor man that he just labeled a scary predator I said a quick prayer that he find humor in the situation and move on. I mean if he was just trying to have an innocent conversation with my son he came to the wrong place. Ha! 

No comments: