Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'll NEVER...





I'm guilty.  I used to judge other moms for lots of things.  Wish I had kept my mouth and my judgments shut and to myself, respectively.  This happened about two months ago, when it was not so Africa hot outside.  I was filling out paperwork for Charlie's doctor visit and since she was asleep I took the monitor and went outside with Ty.  I sat at the little table outside and started filling out the 11 sheets of paper for my infant daughter.  Yes 11 sheets of paper.  She was five months old at the time and I guess I was deep in thought about all of the information they needed for her because I missed a few minutes of Ty playing.  I scanned the yard and didn't see him so I got up to walk around the side of the house.  This is where I found him.  One of my "I'll NEVER do that as a parent..." statements used to be "I'LL never NOT KNOW what they are doing." Ha.  He was saying, "Hep." And man did he need help.  He got a sandbox for Christmas and would much rather play in the dirt.  Literally IN the dirt. In his nice shorts.  Okay Target shorts but they are the ones he wears to church. Did you see his shirt? Life is good.  Yep. It sure was that day. 




1 comment:

Emmy said...

It was all fun and games until he realized he didn't know how to get down, huh? HEP!!