Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The fair and the Fall

State fair 2012 was a huge success. Other than a few loud noise hiccups, (unavoidable at the fair,) Ty and the girls really had fun and we ate our weight in tornado twisters. Those are fancy fries in fair language. Yum.

When I was little we went to the fair every year and I don't recall if it was more fun then or now. One of the great blessings about motherhood is reliving everything through their eyes, isn't it? Everything old is new again, even Big Tex. He was a highlight until he started talking then Ty wanted nothing to do with him of course. Charlie kept calling Big Tex the cowboy. "Hey there big cowboy I'm Charlie and I'm a cowgirl. Hey there yee haw!" (Yelling)

Life may be lots of things at this point but dull isn't one of them.

Switching gears...

Amy is steadily improving but still has a long road ahead recovering. There is a caring bridge site for her that I'm gonna link here once I learn how to do that. Help with that is, of course, welcome and appreciated.

The calendar is full of fun things in the next few weeks and months. Fall is in full swing and I'm loving it. God is good to give us great hope for the future. We are making new memories and able to talk about old ones without getting too sad. I'd have struggled to believe it if you'd told me that life right now could be so JOYFUL. Christ is the reason. He is the giver of life, the Savior of this broken world. And His desire is to give all of us the peace that passes understanding, this peace that I have. If you're resisting Him take it from me-He is worth it!

1 comment:

Brooke & Freeland said...

So glad yall had fun at the fair! I miss being able to go! And thankful you have so much to look forward to also!


Okay.. I have no idea if you were saying you actually wanted help knowing how to do this or not so please disregard if you didnt!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amykirkpatrick

You can copy and paste that into your blog post .. then when you are in "compose" mode (not html) highlight the link and click the "link" button at the top (next to insert an image) it should automatically make it a link. But if it doesnt then the box that pops up just enter in the text you want it to say (under text to display.. like Amy's Caring Bridge Link) and then in the web address part copy and paste her link in there) and click okay.