Monday, October 8, 2012

The road to the fair is paved with antibiotics

The great sinus infection of 2012 is finally on its way out if my body thanks to a steroid shot and two days of antibiotics. Maybe I'll stop going to bed at 7 once I'm healed.

Or maybe I'll keep 7 as my bedtime this winter it's hard to tell.

Y'all, Amy is improving and we are all so grateful for your prayers. She's still pretty sick but she's gotten much better. Still in the hospital, still weak and nauseous. There's a treatment plan for once she goes home so I'm taking that as a big step-she gets to go home one day on the horizon. The latest diagnosis is that she has had West Nile and viral meningitis at the same time. Bless her.

Today is fair day for Ty and we are about to pack up and go. It's cold outside and most people who planned on going will just stay home and get cozy but not us. We are going, cozy or not. I'm thinking not.

I have a feeling that once we find that first funnel cake stand all frost bite will be forgotten. To this day that's all my girls remember about the rodeo-"Mommy remember that place that had the funnel cakes?" "You mean the place with the animals and the tractors?" "No mommy just the place with funnel cakes."

I don't know where they get it.

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Wow...healthy prayers being sent your way. I'm just catching back up on everything...I'm so sorry y'all have been so sick. Scary! I'm an OFF freak and for good reason I see now!