Friday, October 24, 2008

That's Life

Ah the light at the end of the tunnel...I have experienced it the last few days. A few hours with little nausea and more energy. Patience for the kids/life. Last night while laying in bed I came to the realization that I have not handled things well lately--and even though my thoughts were scattered and fuzzy (It WAS, after all, already 9:00 p.m. and this is a danger zone for me if I'm still awake,) I knew that I was in the wrong. "Lord," I prayed, "help me see these days as a great blessing and not as a chance to wish for something else. Give me the patience that You can give me, which has nothing to do with how I feel." So I'm gonna work harder. Committed to take in each hour with the kids and enjoy it, find the humor in it. There's always humor in our day. Even when I'm by myself something wierd or funny happens. This might not seem like a good example but go with it.

Last night when I parked my car I thought, "I should take the GPS thing out because tomorrow I'm getting the oil changed and my mom taught me that something always gets stolen at those places." Good old mom looking out for me. Then I thought, "Well, I'll have time in the morning." Well, it's this morning and guess what got stolen out of my car overnight. Yep, my Christmas gift from last year. Now, this in itself is maddening. Not funny. What IS funny is that I have forgotten/misplaced so many things in my life that no one believed me for quite a while. My mom suggested multiple places to look. Everyone told me that I probably had already taken it down and just forgot. I don't put any of this past myself but this time I know I'm sure it was in the unlocked car overnight. Oops. Did you catch the unlocked part? See, not funny but I always lock my car. If I had a dime for all the times I have been holding a child and tried to get in my car to load them up to find that my car was locked I'd be able to walk right out and buy a new shiny GPS system before Sean gets home from his trip. Have I mentioned that I haven't told him yet?

That's not my fault actually, he had a Cancun overnight and they charge $ 4.70 a second when we talk on the phone so we try not to call each other unless it's an emergency. In light of my newfound desire to live life as a thankful, engaged mom this really isn't one. It's frustrating, expensive, and scary but it's life.

3 comments:

Carley said...

Oh no!! I'm assuming this happened in Waxa. That is a real bummer! Jason had his gas money, allowance and his bag of change stolen from his car recently and it's such a violating feeling. Sorry friend! Hope that you have a good day and fun time at the parade tomorrow!

Carley said...

and just think tomorrow when sean gets home he's home for a long time!! Glad you are starting to feel better!

Miss Mommy said...

I love the way you write...like we're talking face to face. We are too alike in the way we view things. In response to your comment on my blog- sleep makes all the difference. I don't even like my children, much less think they're cute until they're sleeping thru the night and consolidating their naps. :) Great mom, I know. :)