Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh How I Love You, Strawberry Smoothie

Oh how I love you, strawberry smoothie. You have gotten me through many a rough day lately and I'm kicking myself that I never tried you sooner. When nothing sounded good the last few weeks, your name always had a nice ring to it and even though you are not featured on the happy hour 1/2 price list you are worth it. Sonic has outdone itself with you, friend. I recommended you to Carley and she, too, raved about you. I thought I had said goodbye to you since I don't need you anymore but alas...in walked the vomiting virus. 

Thank You, God, Ty has not had it and thank you strawberry smoothie that I think I did but didn't notice any difference from pregnancy yuckiness and once again you just made the yuck less yucky. You are the perfect blend of sweet and crunchy iciness. While this may indeed by our last meeting I want you to know I'm a believer. You are the best thing on the menu. I'll catch up with you once I am not monitored by the blood sugar police anymore. I'm thinking delivery day. 

3 comments:

Carley said...

HA! How sad that you won't be able to have it anymore when you have to watch your blood sugar more! I'm addicted now too...thanks to you! And I'll be more than happy to bring you one on delivery day...since your baby will probably come first! :) Hope you guys feel better soon!

Emmy said...

Maybe you could make your own with strawberries, plain sugar-free yogurt, and splenda.

Anonymous said...

I very much share a love affair for Sonic happy hour! I haven't tried the smoothies in a while...am stuck on Dr. Pepper (bad, I know.) I recently dumped all the ice out of my freezer and filled the ice maker with a bag of Sonic ice. Now, I can have "sonic" drinks whenever I want...without being tempted by the caffeine! It seriously seems like the coolest thing I've ever done. (At least in my pregnant frame of mind!)