Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween Minus Costumes

Yesterday after the sickness left the house we loaded the kids up and headed to the Arboretum. Isn't it the best feeling when you break out of a sick house? We could have gone to Arby's and it would have been like a vacation but since the pumpkins will leave soon we seized the day and drove down to Dallas. Here are some pics of the day: Tomorrow we will have costumes on and the joy will surely be palpable so I'm sure I'll take more pictures with the kids and their cousins...there are 11 kids in all on Sean's side--our baby will make 12 and if it's a boy there will be 6 and 6. I'm also taking suggestions on what to do with Charlie's hair. It was looking rough yesterday so I don't pretend to know how to handle it! Some days it is really curly and cute and other days it looks like mine after a long night with a newborn.

I know, I know, they ARE cute. I got Charlie's little bling shirt at Target for $5. I would have gotten myself one if I could wear little girls' clothes. That would be a stretch--and not the good kind.
I was singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider so that is what Ty is doing. Charlie loved feeling the hay.
This is Ty's glamour shot. His hair did better than most days yesterday.
Obviously Sean took all the pictures--some of which I didn't know about until he put them on my computer. This one captures the moment well though--me trying to get him to eat lunch while all he wanted to do was listen to the music. Charlie tried to get the fries out of my hands about 30 times and I let her to see if she will finally put something in her mouth. She won't. Just holds on to the fry, the cookie, the goldfish, for dear life but won't even let you stuff it in her mouth for her. She's an odd bird too. Neither one of my kids fit the mold. Am I lucky or what?! As Sean says, they may both live with us forever but that's okay. 
See the hair? Yeah, and the teeth. Bless her heart. She's cute as a button but those teeth are gonna need some help one day. She's getting teeth at rapid speed so she's been hurting lately but since they come in so fast I know she will be done quicker than Ty. He is still teething.And the classic "You want me to do WHAT?" pose for pictures. I was jumping out from behind Sean trying to make them laugh and these were the looks I got. It was a great day though and I'm so thankful Sean has been home all week so we could go together!

2 comments:

Carley said...

Those did turn out great! The both look GREAT! Glad you had a fun day!...and glad we got in a good, random (kid-free) visit! ha!

Emmy said...

Ty is lookin' very handsome these days. And poor little fat Charlie... she will be beautiful, you can tell. I think her teeth will space together once she has more of them. They look happy, and that's what we care about most.