Saturday, June 6, 2009

If I Showed Pictures You'd All Get Sick

Let me give you a run-down of the day's events. I could not make this stuff up.

Joy had a good night so I was semi-well rested. Nattie and Popeye are here helping and Joy's medicine is helping already. Some of you asked what her symptoms are/how do I know it's reflux and not just fussiness. When she eats and burps she cries, arches her back, and refuses to finish a feeding. Big clues that it hurts to eat.

Okay on to the day. It's only like 1:00 right now so I hate to think what else could transpire.

This morning I heard Ty first. Usually he wakes up happy jumping in his crib. We can hear him loud and clear from downstairs so this morning when I heard him crying and not jumping I knew something was up. I got to his door and smelled it: The inevitable 'there is something really nasty on the other side of the door' smell. Me, well-rested confident mother of three, went in. The smell was almost too much but he was crying so I walked to his crib and saw that his intestines had exploded in and ON his bed. Not like the sheets, (those too,) but the actual crib had stuff on it. I used approximately 45 wipes to get him cleaned up and put him in the shower. Thank You Jesus my mom was here to get the stuff out of his bed and start cleaning it-I do better with the child than the cleanup...y'all, it was everywhere. His mattress is now ready for the trash man. Can't be saved from the remnants of the explosion.

Insert disclaimer:Sean is on a trip so what I'd normally say, "um I'm all done here...YOU do it," to, I had to do.


Crisis over. Except that the stuffed animals that normally reside in his bed are now sitting out for the trash man because they were also casualties, which made going to bed a little hard for him. Tears, protesting, now calm and asleep.

Not that I noticed because Charlie was crying so hard that I had to go to her room. In there I found her with both legs caught in the crib slats and so I spent the next few minutes pulling on her and asking her to quit fighting me so I could free her. At this moment she is running laps around her room after my failed attempt to calm her down enough for a nap. Mission so not accomplished.

Since the nap time events coincided with feeding Joy I had to hand her off to my dad so he could heat a bottle of milk to finish her feeding. As I handed her off she spewed on me. Nice. Changed shirts on my way back to Charlie's room after my first attempt to calm her down.

People, what am I gonna do when I'm by myself???? Right now we have a 1:1 ratio of adults to kids are we are hanging on by a thread!


Carley said...

oh no! that stinks! i'm sorry your saturday started off rough. i hope it's better. hang in there!

Michelle said...

That sounds awful! You will be able to handle it. Some days might be easier than others, but you will do awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! That is terrible. Nathan cracked up when I told him the part about the knowing something bad was coming before you opened the door- we both could relate (though I don't think we've ever been hit with something that bad!) Thankfully all days aren't like this. Hang in there! Tomorrow is a new day!

Jenny Seymore said...

Oh dear! I am having mental pictures of these things pop up and I have to tell you...I wouldn't be able to handle it. Patience is not a virtue of mine! You are such a great mommy!

Emily said...

God gives us only what we can handle. Hang in there...I'm laughing at the last sentance about the 1:1 ratio and barely hanging is that possible?? Happens daily around here:)

Emmy said...

Oh, dear. I am just now reading this. I don't see how anything could be worse than tonight's bathtime. All three screaming. For no reason.